Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Updates to site

I've made some updates to the site, as well as my Flickr account (some new photos, more on the way). I've mentioned StepRep a few times now. The widget on the right is a great ORM/SEO "tool" that uses queries you specify (such as the "Vincent Hayes Analyst" one) to generate a list of searchable results that's constantly updating. All you have to do is go into your StepRep "Reputation Management" profile, and approve/deny and "post to widget", and anywhere you have the widget uploaded will automatically create new relevant content. Currently all of my queries are oriented towards finding results for me, but I'm going to edit these shortly to start bringing up more content-related results :)

It's free, very easy to use, and uses your Google login.

I've been attempting to determine how their searches work, because it's not matching up with the Google results; for example, as proven, qualifying my name with 'Bridgeport' immediately brings up a lot of results (top 5!), but this tool cannot identify them for some reason - weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment